I'm not scared of them. I'm just stupid.
I leave for the airport in 3 hours. Some stories, all true:
* I've shown up to the airport to find I booked my tickets the wrong way (Chicago -> Berkeley -> Chicago is no way to visit home from school...)
* I've shown up to the airport to find my flight wasn't that day.
* My mom told me I'd better get tickets home for Thanksgiving before they get too expensive. About 2.5 weeks before Turkey Day, I booked my tickets and they were downright cheap. Jake one, Mom zero! Tuesday before I came home, I was chatting with the folks: "See you Thursday!"
folks - "Why are we seeing you Thursday?"
me - "Um, because it's Thanksgiving."
folks - "Thanksgiving's next weekend."
me - "Ut oh."
(Whatever. Makes up for the time we were all going to meet in Portland for Thanksgiving, and my family never showed up. Very funny.)
* I've missed flights that were correctly booked. (If you've never missed a flight, you've spent too much time in the airport.)
* I've done everything right and got to the airport on time, but then fell asleep at the gate. Ever wake up in an empty terminal? I have twice. It stinks. Why didn't anybody wake me?!
So, this should be an adventure.
I'm antsy and a little nervous, of course, but I'm excited as hell. This trip has been in the works since February of 2007, and it starts IN THREE HOURS!!!
Goodbye beautiful Chicago! Hello monsoons!
That weather forecast is for real.
This will be quite the adventure. I love you all.